FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What makes your Pool Test unique?
- Turnaround Times – pool test results are available in 7 to 9 hours from receipt of the test samples. All individuals that are part of negative pools are negative, and the test process is complete. Individuals who are part of a positive pool will have individual PCR tests performed, with results available by noon the following day.
- No Additional Testing is Required – individuals that are part of a positive pool do not have to be retested.
- Positive and Inconclusive are retested again (3rd test).
- No Additional Costs – there are no extra costs for individual tests or reruns.
- Utilizes a Comfortable Saliva-Swab – we use the same saliva-swab as our Individual PCR Test. Saliva-swabs are more comfortable than nasal or oral swabs. Also, they can be self-administered, so it is safer for healthcare professionals.
- Superior Accuracy – 99% Sensitivity and 99% Specificity.
- Outstanding Customer Service – any lab can process a test, but few get on the phone to answer your questions and concerns. We understand there is a lot of stress around COVID-19 Testing, so we want to be available.
Is Pool Testing different than Batch Testing?
Pool Testing is also known as Pooled Testing, Sample Pool Testing, Pooled Sample testing, and Batch Testing.
How does Pool Testing work?
Saliva-swab samples are taken and sent to the laboratory. Five samples are combined (Pooled) and analyzed on a molecular PCR machine. If the Pool comes up negative, they are all reported as negative. If the Pool Test is positive, all the samples are analyzed individually. We take any inconclusive and positive tests and analyze them again.
Can Pool Testing be used with anyone?
No, Pool Testing should only be used with asymptomatic individuals. People with symptoms should visit their primary care physician or visit a diagnostic testing facility for an Individual PCR Test.
Can Pool Testing be used in any environment, i.e., hot spots?
Pool Testing should only be used where the Positive Rate is under 10%.
How often is Pool Testing recommended?
Pool Testing is recommended at regular intervals, such as twice a week, weekly, or every other week.
Has your test received FDA / Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)?
Yes. We utilize the Thermo Fisher TaqPath Assay that was approved on October 9, 2020.
Can I use the same saliva-swab test kit for an individual test (someone who has symptoms)?
Yes. Take the test and put it in an individual bag. Write “Individual Test” at the top of the patient form.
Are patient reports safe and secure?
Yes. Patient information resides on a HIPAA compliant cloud-based portal.
Is there a charge for setting up the cloud portal?
No. We ask customers to sign up for a FREE Box.com account that we utilize to send patient reports.
Does insurance cover Pool Testing?
At this time, private insurance only covers testing symptomatic individuals. We are actively working with local, state, and federal representatives to understand the next round of stimulus. We hope that it will include funding for asymptomatic testing.
Will you work with small organizations (1-20 people)?
Absolutely. We want to make Pool Testing available for any size organization.
Do I need to do anything besides Pool Testing?
Yes. It is important to combine Pool Testing with other strategies such as masking, social distancing, handwashing, and environmental sanitation to help fight the pandemic.
How can I learn more?
Contact Mark Rubino for a recommendation and pricing designed specifically for your needs. Mark is available at 484-620-9031 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also available for a Zoom presentation to answer your questions. We know you are busy, so we will work around your schedule.