Scientists Agree: The Airborne Transmission of COVID-19 is a Real Risk
Recent news on COVID-19 airborne threat
Until now, there have been conflicting messages related to the risk of the airborne transmission of COVID-19. A group of 239 scientists in 32 countries have published their open letter to global health community to present the evidence.
In their letter, the highly qualified group state:
- Multiple studies “have demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that viruses are released during exhalation, talking, and coughing in microdoplets small enough to remain aloft in the air”.
- These microdroplets “pose a risk of exposure at distances beyond [3 to 6 feet] from an infected individual.”
- “we are advocating for the use of preventive measures to mitigate this route of airborne transmission.”
Where AeraMax can help
AeraMax air purifiers can mitigate additional pathogens in the air where people are infected, removing pollutants from air and reducing risks for people already infected.
AeraMax air purifiers:
- are extremely effective at capturing influenza virus from indoor air (based on independent testing)
- offer a true HEPA filter with the AeraSafe™ antimicrobial treatment that safely removes 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including pollen, ragweed, and other allergens, viruses, germs, dust mites, mold spores, pet dander, and cigarette smoke
- the AeraSmart™ Sensor monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified
- a carbon filter reduces odors and captures large airborne particulates
- is CARB-certified and UL-listed